Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pneumonia..... [ cough, cough ]

This has been my location of choice since a week ago Saturday.  I guess if I have to be in bed I'm darn lucky to have such a nice place.  I've never [ coughed and coughed]  & slept so much in my entire life!!

I must say that my hubby has been awesome this week!! He has taken care of me, the kids, the dishes, the laundry AND negotiated deals on two of his listings & closed 4 sales.  (He's the broker/owner of Cotton & Company Real Estate, LLC.)  Don't know how I (and the kids) would have survived the week without him!  Except for a trip to the doctor & going to see the last games (I refused to miss them) of the two Upward Basketball teams hubby & I are coaching, I have been in bed.  I am still in bed.  For someone that always has a list a mile long and prides oneself on getting things done, that is hard!! really hard!

On the bright side, it has been great having time between naps to catch up on some things I've been wanting to do.  At the top of the list was taking the time to figure out how to personalize this blog with my own wallpaper, colors, etc.   Originally, I just used one of the template wallpaper provided by blogger. I like the changes I've made - much more comfortable feeling & much more Front Porch Farm-like!  Since I personally do not like watching t.v., (except for my vice of watching the Bachelor or FSU football & basketball), I've had time to read a novel, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, and 3/4 of a lighting book, as well as, the manuals of some of my equipment.  I've watched at least 7 awesome DVDs on different photography topics.  So all in all, it has been a great week of learning (while coughing and resting).  It has also been heart warming to see how my children care about me.  Whether it is a 15 second check-in to see how I feel or a call from my oldest, it has been a blessing to me to feel their concern and love.  I am truly blessed by my family.

On a FUN note I wanted to let you know that in the coming weeks I'll be having some ~ Portrait Session GIVEAWAYS~ on our facebook page.  You can jump over there to "like" us so you will be in the know!

May you have a blessed week! Show someone that you care about that you love them!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment