Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On a personal note....Happy 9th Birthday Tyler!

If you know our story you might want to skip this entry.

This is Tyler Miles Cotton, our youngest son. Today is his 9th birthday!  I consider him a special gift.  After our first two children were born we decided our family was complete so hubby made a trip to the doctor....

Five years later we weren't so sure of that decision.  Brave hubby made another trip back to the doctor.  Two & 1/2 years later with an adoption underway & having just celebrated my 40th,  I made a secret trip to Walmart to buy a 3 pack of pregnancy tests.  And, yes, I used all three ---- just to make sure!

What a blessing this boy is!  He was 8 months old when we went to China to get his almost twin sister, Tayley. She was ten months old.   Thank goodness for "Almost Twins" God's way -  I only gained 50 lbs instead of 100.   We had to give 'the doctor' credit hence the 'Miles' in Tyler's name.  Can't imagine life without him!

I'm a blessed momma!
Tammy

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, I admire your decision to "revisit" the doctor, I commend your ability to trust God that you could handle both, Tyler and Tayley, and I rejoice that I have the privilege of calling you (and Russell) me friend. Many Blessings to you and Tyler on this 9th birthday. Your family is a true testimony of God's Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy! You are a great testimony of trusting God! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete